Add to that the extra stress that comes during the winter months, December 26th falling on a Monday, the day of the week when most heart attacks happen, heart attacks are the #1 killer with someone dying every 36 seconds according to the American Health Association, it might be worth it to take precautions. Smart Health Talk has not only outlined those for you here, but has an easy to review webpage with symptoms for both men and women which are different. It is important to know the symptoms, not ignore them, take action immediately especially if you are alone and having a heart attack.
Most important is to call 911 and have the symptoms checked out no matter how much it seems like an inconvenience as that could be a deciding factor whether you live or die. Ask yourself if you can list the symptoms of our #1 KILLER heart disease!
If you would like to know how to reduce your risk of a heart attack and stroke by 50% read on!
Eating can be one of the reasons to explain why deaths are so high on these holidays. Not only are people eating more of the high fat and salty foods in a shorter period of time than usual, but they have traveled to be with their families and friends, or are hosting a party and when they start to feel bad they don’t want to complain and ruin everyones fun so they dismiss their symptoms.
Many don’t even know the symptoms of a heart attack. They ARE DIFFERENT for men and women so use the Smart Health Talk website has an easy to reference webpage under their “Resources” tab that can make it easy to find and understand what they are so you can be aware. The most important action is to NOT IGNORE symptoms or worry about inconveniencing the group and call 911 and get checked out.
How would you like to reduce you risk of a heart attack or stroke by 50% not only on these high risk days, but everyday?
Other important tips from Smart Health Talk Host Elaine McFadden, MPH, RD:
- Stay away from tobacco smoke.
- Know if you have high blood pressure and take steps to reduce it. Start with diet and exercise. Even walking for 15-30 mins a day can reduce you risk of a stroke and heart attack.
- Eat lots of organic fruits and vegetables that are high in the nutrients that make you veins and arteries more elastic, can repair damage, clean out buildup of plague, provide fiber to remove unneeded fats and control blood pressure because diabetes also increases your risk of a heart attack, and provide anti inflammatory protection.
- Make as much of your diet organic as possible by only buying in season and shopping local farmers markets. People pay more for organic because the farmer makes the least amount of money. Who is tagging on extra costs? The retail market. When you buy farmer direct you cut out costs involved in bringing a product to retail that can include broker and distributor fees as well as retail markup.
Websites like EatLocalGrown.com or LocalHarvest make it easy to find local farmers markets and farms.
- Choose wild salmon over farmed salmon. Type in “Smart Health Talk” and “salmon” to find our webpage full of information why we recommend to NEVER BUY FARMED SALMON. Why do we stress this besides farmed salmon is gross, full of dioxins, parasites, viruses, and bacteria and are responsible for wild salmon and environmental death? Our recent conversation with a researcher working on the Loma Linda Health Study shared with me their latest finding are showing pesco vegetarians live the longest healthiest lives.
- Just pigging out on conventional meat, high in saturated fat increases the amount of fat circulating in your blood and increasing your risk for a heart attack.
- If you are having any refined carbs, which includes beverages like juice (conventional is concentrated with pesticides) where the fiber has been removed, processed grains/flours, chips, sugar, sodas and such, make sure you also have a high fiber source such as chia seeds or other fiber containing foods products at the same time. By making you blood sugar rise and spike quickly over and over you are literally teaching your body to be a diabetic.
Here's an example:
If your going to eat eggs, bacon, and juice, consider mixing a couple of teaspoons of chia seeds in water and drinking first to hold back the blood sugar spike since juice is high carb, and eggs and bacon have no fiber to counteract the sugar spite that comes with the carbs.
- Go for a walk before or after you eat. Take a tip from our interview with Sustainable Santa. He recommends parents trade exercise minutes for TV minutes. Think it would be a good idea for adults to listen to Santa on this one.
How would you like to reduce your risk of a heart attack or stroke by 50% not only on these high risk days, but everyday? Do this:
- DRINK WATER and try and avoid alcohol and other dehydrating drinks such as energy drinks or those containing lots of caffeine. Eating lots of high saturated/trans fat and salty conventional foods can be a death blow on their own, but dehydration on top of it can increase the risk of a lethal situation. Try to avoid hormone disrupting BPA containing water bottles (in plastic and some brands of reusable bottles), and make water easily accessible at parties and get togethers.
Dr. Chan warns that, “Not drinking enough water can be as harmful to your heart as smoking!”
- The thickness of whole blood
- The thickness of the clear component of blood
- The percentage of blood composed of red blood cells
- The level of the proteins in the blood, which are essential for the blood clotting process.
You want to include water throughout the day....it might save your life!
Choose organic choices including organic grassfed meat and dairy and Alaskan seafood and salmon. NEVER farmed salmon for the most protection.
Same works for beef. Go for organic grassfed. If not certified organic and just grassfed, make sure the farmer is not using Roundup or other pesticides on their farm. Grassfed is more lean so meat requires cooking methods that won’t dry it out. That marbling in non organic “corn fed” steaks is saturated fat and full of pesticides because that is where it is stored since the body can’t deal with it and if left circulating in the blood it will destroy or mutate every cell it touches.
Why we can only recommend organic food and strongly advise consumers to avoid foods that are GMO, processed, and treated with pesticides including Roundup glyphosate.
Most non organic grains are sprayed with Roundup right before harvesting so people are getting pesticides from seed to harvest. The purpose of spraying non GMO crops with glyphosate right before harvest has to do with money and making more of it. Farmers want all of their plants finished at the same time, but that does not happen in real life so they spray fields with Roundup right before harvest, they all die and dry out so they are easier to harvest. This also allows farmers to squeeze three cycles of growth into a year instead of two.
A dead dry grain crop is easier to harvest than a green alive one. Grains die because they are NOT GMO Frankenstein crops. Those crops don’t die when you spray them with Roundup which is freaky.
More research than ever is disproving the claim by GMO seed makers that their seeds are “equivalent” to real seeds, and researchers are finding hundreds of discrepancies that include the accumulation of “toxins” in GMO seeds/plants. THIS IS NOT EQUIVALENT TO REAL NON GMO SEEDS SO DON’T BE FOOLED! Go here to see the report.
New GMO crops like the GMO “Arctic Apple” that has the “browning switch” turned off, also turned off the antioxidant pathway so not made any more, not in the food, and again consumers are robbed of the very thing that will prevent a heart attack.
So Roundup interferes with this pathway, but also binds with minerals in the soil so not accessible to them to live and how Roundup kills weeds, starving them to death. The GMO plant lives because of it’s zombie traits that makers bread into the seed. Basic math tells us that without these key minerals in the soil, there is not in the soil for the food produced on the GMO plant.
Not hard to understand if you go back to Roundup’s glyphosate’s beginnings and the first patent filed for its use, cleaning metal accumulation in pipes by binding or chelating to them and then facilitating removal. Later glyphosate was also patented as an antibiotic.
Our grains are so deficient in key nutrients like folic acid, breads and other foods have to be “enriched” with a synthetic form of the nutrient to prevent an epidemic of spina bifida birth defects.
The power of glyphosate is far reaching as has been revealed in our interviews with Dr. Stephanie Seneff, a researcher from MIT who has been working with now retired, long time chemist and think tank participant Dr. Anthony Samuel. Type Dr. Seneffs name and Smart Health Talk to find our interviews with her on YouTube as well as interviews with Dr. Michael Hansen, Dr. Jonathan Lundgren, Dr. Gilles-Eric Séralini, Dr. Tyrone Hayes, Dr. Vandana Shiva, and Dr. V. A. Shiva Ayyadurai.